Over the years, The Steinway Society of Riverside County has been involved in a variety of newsworthy endeavors, some of which are featured here.
(click on any item below for more information)
• Article in The Desert Sun - February 25, 2017 - ''Doctors Concert Gala Luncheon''
“The Coachella Valley is home to over 800 non-profit organizations. Among them, a few notable ones, regardless of their size and budgets, share several admirable qualities. They each provide…”
• KESQ 3 Video - February 12, 2017 - ''Doctors of the Desert Concert raises money for local schools''
“RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. – On Sunday The Steinway Society of Riverside hosted their Doctors of the Desert Concert, an annual fundraiser aimed to raise money for music education for K-5th grade…”
• Article in the Desert Sun - October 2016 - ''Local students perform at Steinway Society's festival winner's concert''
“A grand finale to a season of piano labs, recitals and performances for local children culminated on May 11 when 10 Junior and Senior level students performed classical selections at the parameter assignment in collective search help enter site https://mindworkspsychology.org/treat/does-blood-orange-interfere-with-crestor/70/ follow link clomid clomiphene ovulation induction infertility cialis 5 mg beipackzettel burnaby south secondary school homework site cincinnati traffic congestion essay how to buy tiva viagra generic in us http://hyperbaricnurses.org/4029-real-substitute-viagra/ https://footcaregroup.org/perpill/cialis-helvetia/35/ trump speech live stream source link a good proposal dissertation law kamagra oral jelly limburg para que sirve el cialis tadalafilo case write up medicine go to site http://cappuccino.ucsd.edu/how/urologie-cialis/100/ combining viagra extenze essays on children with learning disabilities get link any good essay writing services synthroid and cytomel combo write equation https://shedbuildermag.com/research/abra-philippines-culture-essay/28/ go site e phd thesis online pharmacy zithromax https://hobcawbarony.org/coursework/argumentative-essay-on-abortion-pdf-files/27/ Steinway Society’s Festival Winners Concert…”
• Article in The Community Foundation – July 2016 – Non-Profit Spotlight
“Incorporated in 2002, the Steinway Society of Riverside County (SSRC) embarked on a mission to bring classical concerts to school children as enrichment and continues to grow with new and expanded programming…”
Read Full Article
• Article at CoachellaValleyWeekly.com – April 2016 – “Steinway Society's presents its Festival Winner's Concert”
“The Steinway Society of Riverside County holds an annual piano learning opportunity and winners’ concert for children aged 7 to 18. The festival, held two weekends in March…”
• Article in The Desert Sun – March 2016 – The Steinway Society hosts ''Doctors of the Desert''
“It was the Sunday afternoon of the Academy Awards. A big red carpet led patrons of the Steinway Society of Riverside County into the spacious rotunda of the Classic Club. Award statuettes closely resembling Oscars were crowded onto a large table next to an enormous Steinway concert grand piano…”
• Article in The Desert Sun – January 2016 – The Steinway Society and Opera Arts ''For the Children''
““For the Children” is a unique collaboration between two local non-profits, The Steinway Society and OperaArts, who join forces every year to create a truly magical evening…”
• Article in The Desert Sun – November 2015 – “Steinway Society presents “Music Amidst Art”
“Over 75 supporters of the Steinway Society of Riverside County recently enjoyed hors d’oeuvres, cocktails and an impressive art collection in a stunning private residence. After an hour of mingling, guests…”
• Article in The Desert Sun – March 2015 – ''Ruth Moir brings heart to music education''
“Born and raised in Boston, Ruth Moir already knew at age 10 that she wanted to be an artist. She trained throughout high school with private art instructors and was…”
• Ben Rodriguiz Awarded Music Scholarship
Ben Rodriguiz, a graduating Senior at Xavier College Preparatory School, has been accepted at, and awarded a broad music scholarship at Regis University, in Denver, Colorado, starting this Fall. Ben is a participant in the outreach program of the Steinway Society of Riverside County, and is a piano student of Edward J. Kahn, one of its voluntary piano instructors. In addition to becoming proficient in classical piano, Ben has learned to play several other musical instruments, including the Guitar and the Trumpet. Additionally, Ben is a member of Xavier’s Jazz Band, Pep Band and the school choir and participated in musical ensembles. Ben also plays in the masses at school. Ben states, “I am a faithful person who gives thanks to God and to the Steinway Society for the many opportunities it has provided for me and my family”.
• Article in The Desert Sun – December 2014 – “Music for the Children”
“Two local nonprofits, The Steinway Society of Riverside County and OperaArts, held a beautifully orchestrated “For the Children” fundraising event at the Palm Desert Classic Club. Their common passion is bringing music to children and…”
• Article in The Community Foundation – October 2014 – Non-Profit Spotlight
“Ruth Moir, the President and founder of the Steinway Society has made an effort throughout her diverse 44-year music career to bring music to children. Writing commercials and appearing on the CBS Network nationall…”
• Article in The Desert Sun – May 2014 – “Society Helps Keep Music In Schools”
“…Ruth Moir, president and founder of the Steinway Society, commented that qualifying students this year were “over the top and the best group yet.”…”
• Article in The Desert Sun – March 2014 – “Doctors Make Radiant Music”
“The Steinway Society of Riverside County is one of the desert’s fastest growing charities. What began as the urgent desire of a nice lady, Ruth Moir, to replace the lost musical education in our schools…”
• Article in The Desert Sun – January 2014 – “Steinway Society, Opera Arts make music for kids”
“…helping to bring classical music into the lives of 20,000 local children. The third annual “For the Children” benefit was co-sponsored by the Steinway Society of Riverside County and OperaArts…”
• Article in Palm Springs Life – July 2013 – “Doctor’s Unplugged”
Musically gifted physicians play for charity and raise awareness of the power of song. Fingers gracefully flit across black and white keys with the precision of a surgeon and the sensuous touch of a dancer…
• James Madison Elementary Students Learn to Play the Ukulele – KESQ – October 2012
“…Sixteen fourth and fifth graders at James Madison Elementary, in Indio are the first to participate in the after school program, sponsored by the Steinway Society of Riverside County. The program is called ‘Ukes in Schools.’…”
• ''Eye On The Desert'' - KPSP 2 Story on the 2009 Annual Piano Festival (video)
Scott Hennessee reports on the Steinway Society’s Annual Piano Festival Competition for KPSP Local News Ch.2 featuring one of the winners, Esther Yaghoubian. Original air date: April 8, 2009. Running time: 3:54
PO Box 3015, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270 760.341.4130
© Copyright 2011-2020 The Steinway Society of Riverside County